Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Some Calendars

I wasn't able to post my calendar yesterday on account of not knowing how to manipulate the tools on this page.  I'll try again and see if I have any luck with it.  OK, it worked.  As you can see, I began to write the month names in Italian, just to get me started.  Now I want to see if I can write anything on the side--does not look like it.
The big thing this month is that Megan arrived from Egypt on the first.  By the second, we are settled at the Capilano camp ground.  By the  fifth we are in Lillooet having a sauna.  Ted arrives on the seventh and the next day he and Megan take the river rafting adventure.  On the thirtieth I see a bear behind above the house.

You can see that Megan turns 44 on her birthday this year.  She takes Caitlin river rafting the next day and after that we go to a mall in Abbotsford where Caitlin buys a hot pink bikini--hurrah!  The fourteenth is a hectic day.  I will leave out some of the details but say that it ends nicely with Caitlin, Megan, Juta and me at the Bard on the Beach.  We see The Tempest.  Megan is off to Qatar on the 18th.

On the third of September I take some photos of some perfect bear paw prints down in the river mud.  I would have liked to make casts of them but never remember to bring the plaster of Paris.  We have bears in the back yard on the 8th.  On the 13th I clean the Mo batteries and hope they will start to hold their charge--but no....  It's the month for harvesting what's in the garden.  I read a great book called 'The Invention of Wings' on the 20th--a page turner.  That poor chicken on the 27th is one that I help Cathy to clean.

We are getting up to date.  I meet Colleen on the first and we to he place in Sidney.  On the Fourth I visit my Aunt Eleanor.  We go out to look at kitchen cabinets and we choose some for upgrading her kitchen.  After that she takes me to some shops where I try to find china to match what she once gave me.  I didn't find the match, but I did find a German coffee set which I really like.  On the next day I go to chapel with Eleanor but can't think of anything to draw for that because it is a very modest and unassuming sort of presentation--no rituals.  I see the eclipse of the moon in the early morning of the seventh while camping at Lois and Bryan's place.  Caitlin and I attend the Met opera MacBeth in Chilliwack and the following Saturday Ria, Catherine and I go to Kamloops for a stunning performance of the Marriage of Figaro.  Caitlin and Lois both have birthdays on October 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment