Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mini bio

Today I am thinking about wot to write about myself for the web page.  It has to be short and not too boring.  This is wot I came up with:

When I was in grade three, my friend Myrtle said she wanted to be a nurse when she grew up. I said I wanted to be an art teacher and a library teacher, just like my hero, Miss Bachelor.   Much to my surprise I ended up with a BA and MA from UBC--quite a different education from Miss Bachelor’s.  But it came to pass that after a couple of roads not taken, my whole working life has been spent as a teacher of art, library and/or English.

Art has always been a central interest.  No matter what subject I happened to teach, visual arts have always given a special direction to it.  My work has been shown in public galleries in Vancouver, Richmond, Maple Ridge, New Westminster and Williams Lake.  Most exhibitions were either solo or shared with one other artist.  Since retiring I have not made submissions to show my work, but finally think it is time to start doing this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment